Gulpa campgrounds: National Park
Murray Valley National Park
Book a camping stay at Gulpa campgrounds in Murray Valley National Park, near Mathoura. Home to amazing birdlife, go canoeing and kayaking along Gulpa Creek or the Edward River.
Choose from 9 campgrounds when you arrive. All campgrounds are close to the river:
- Tea Tree campground
- Whites campground
- Bowls Kiln campground
- Taylors Bridge campground
- Sandhills campground
- Langmans campground
- Redfin campground
- Cod campground
- Junction campground
There are no camping fees but a $6 booking fee applies. Bookings are required. Book online or call 1300 072 757.
There are no rubbish collection points. Please take all rubbish when you leave.
- Campfires are permitted between April and September.
- Collection of deadfall timber is permitted for small campfires only.
- You can’t remove firewood from the park. Chainsaws are not permitted.
- Pets and domestics animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted in Murray Valley National Park. If you want to camp with your dog, find a campground in Murray Valley Regional Park.
Vehicle access and road quality
All roads leading to Gulpa campgrounds are unsealed. 4WD vehicles recommended when wet. RVs/Motorhomes are not recommended in these campgrounds.
How to get there
- Travel north from Mathoura for 12km
- Turn right at Walliston Road
Reed Beds Bird Hide boardwalk
It’s an easy walk along the boardwalk to Reed Beds Bird Hide, with fun things to do along the way. Listen to see how many different bird calls you can hear on the way.
Gulpa Creek walk
Gulpa Creek walk, in Murray Valley Regional Park, is an easy path to walk along with your dog and great for birdwatching with opportunities to go canoeing or kayaking, not far from Mathoura.
Edward River Bridge picnic area
Enjoy a riverside family barbecue at Edward River Bridge picnic area at Mathoura, not far from Deniliquin. This picnic area in Murray Valley Regional Park welcomes dogs and is equipped with barbecues and picnic tables.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Moama office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 12pm to 1pm.
- 03 5483 9100
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW 2731
- in Murray Valley National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Murray Valley National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (15)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (8)
- Canoeing/paddling (6)
- Cycling (2)
- Fishing (7)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Swimming (5)
- Walking (10)