Government Town campground
Southern Blue Mountains area in Blue Mountains National Park
Stay the night at Government Town campground near Yerranderie Regional Park. With unmarked sites for tents and camper trailers, you'll be moments away from the fascinating history of a forgotten silver mine ghost town.
Book and stay at one of 5 rustic locations just a few steps away from this amazing ghost town, including Government Town campground, Private Town campground, The Bank Room, Post Office Lodge, or Slippery Norris Cottage
Bookings are required. Book online or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Yerranderie caretaker
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm
- 02 4659 6165
- in the Southern Blue Mountains area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and Country NSW regions
Southern Blue Mountains area is always open but some locations may close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (7)
- 4WD touring (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (2)
- Environmental appreciation/study (2)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Other experiences (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (1)
- Walking (3)