Gentlemans Halt campground
Marramarra National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Gentlemans Halt campground.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Gentlemans Halt campground is in the northern precinct of Marramarra National Park. To get there:
- Follow the directions to the park via Canoelands Road
- Continue driving on Canoelands Road until you see the carpark on your left
- Leave your car here and walk along the management trail for 8km
- Turn left onto the walking track and follow for 2km before you arrive at the campground
- You can also access the campground by boat from Hawkesbury River – there’s a timber wharf at the campground, located roughly opposite the community of Spencer.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at the start of Canoelands Ridge walking track.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Marramarra National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Unwind and take in the serenity of camping at Gentlemans Halt or Marramarra Creek campgrounds.
Wander through the bush and enjoy the colourful display of wildflowers.
Paddle the waterways by kayak or canoe and have a swim in the rivers.
Enjoy longer hikes and day walks such as Canoelands Ridge walking track or Marramarra Ridge to Smugglers Ridge walking track.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
19°C and 28°C
6°C and 16°C
- Water is not available at this campground
- Firewood is not provided and may not be collected from the park
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take rubbish with you when leaving.
- Composting toilet
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)