Gap Creek campground
Watagans National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Gap Creek campground.
Getting there and parking
Gap Creek campground is in north eastern section of Watagans National Park. To get there:
- Take the Cessnock exit off the F3 (Freemans Waterhole)
- Turn right onto Freemans Drive, Cooranbong, then right onto Mount Faulk Road into the park.
- Turn left into Bangalow Road
- It’s approximately 4.8km from the turnoff, past Bangalow camping area.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to this campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Gap Creek campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Watagans National Park.
Camp at Gap Creek or Bangalow campground and enjoy a campfire as the sun sets.
Cooling off at Boarding House Dam is especially popular during summer months Enjoy the moist and cool Circuit walking track .
Late winter sees the bloom of Illawara flame trees which can be seen across the valley from Gap Creek lookout Check out the views from the various lookouts, while the air is crisp and clean .
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 30°C
5°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Firewood is not provided and may not be collected from the park.
- Rubbish bins are provided
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.
Generators are not permitted in this campground
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.