Munmorah State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Frazer campground.
Getting there and parking
Frazer campground is located at Frazer Park in Munmorah State Conservation Area.
From the northern entry of Munmorah State Conservation Area:
- Follow Blue Wren Drive from the Pacific Highway, Wybung (no right turn from the south) and then turn left into Campbell Drive and continue for about 3km.
- Turn right into Frazer Beach Road
- Turn left at the end of Frazer Beach Road and continue a short distance to the campground
From the southern entry of Munmorah State Conservation Area:
- Follow Birdie Beach Drive from Elizabeth Bay Drive, Lake Munmorah, and turn right onto Campbell Drive.
- Turn right onto Frazer Beach Road and follow to the end
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available in parking bays next to the campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Munmorah State Conservation Area. Here are some of the highlights.
Make the most the of the lovely temperature at this time of year and pitch the tent for a camping break by the beach.
Head out along Moonee Beach trail in late winter or early spring and you'll be rewarded with spectacular wildflower displays in the coastal heath areas.
Escape the summer heat with a walk along the Palms circuit track through the rainforest, or cool off with a swim at Frazer beach – it's patrolled during the Christmas and Easter school holidays.
The winter months are the best time to whalewatch at Munmorah – you can even follow the whales' journey and record your sightings.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 25°C
9°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Campsites are marked, unpowered and suitable for tents only.
- Bore water is available
- Rubbish and recycling bins are available at the campground
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
There are cold showers in the amenities block and 1 cold beach shower by the beach
- Cold showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Amplified music is not permitted
- Please be considerate of others and keep noise to a minimum. Noise must cease from 10pm.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Munmorah State Conservation Area in the Sydney and surrounds and North Coast regions
Spring/summer open hours
Munmorah State Conservation Area is open 5.30am–9pm, from the start of the NSW school holiday period in September (Friday) until the last day of the NSW autumn school holidays.
Autumn/winter open hours
Munmorah State Conservation Area is open 5.30am–7pm, from 1 May until the day before the start of the NSW September school holidays (Thursday).
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - please bring correct coins (cards accepted).Buy annual pass