Edward River Bridge campground
Murray Valley National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Edward River Bridge campground.
Getting there and parking
Edward River Bridge campground is in the Gulpa Island precinct of Murray Valley Regional Park. To get there:
- Follow the signs from Mathoura on Cobb Highway to Edward River campground
- After turning onto Jones Street, cross Poleys Bridge and continue along Picnic Point Road
- After about 4.5km, turn left onto Millewa Road
- Turn left again just before you cross Edward River Bridge and continue to the campground past the picnic area
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Edward River Bridge campground can become boggy following rain.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Edward River Bridge campground
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Murray Valley National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The perfect time for a camping holiday: the days are cooler and the nights are not yet too chilly.
If it's been a wet winter white ibis and straw necked ibis will be nesting from late winter through to spring.
A great time for water activities on the Murray - swimming in the river is a delightful way to spend your time.
The morning light sparkles on the river; try your hand at fishing for Murray cray.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
12°C and 32°C
3°C and 17°C
August to October
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Water is not available at this campground so you'll need to bring your own supply for drinking and cooking.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty
- Toilet facilities are wheelchair accessible
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Dogs may not be brought into Murray Valley National Park, however they may be brought into Murray Valley Regional Park, including Edward River Bridge campground, as long as park restrictions surrounding dogs are observed.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Murray Valley National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Murray Valley National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger
- Moama office
03 5483 9100
Contact hours: April to September, Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 3pm. October to March, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW 2731
- Email: email@example.com
- Moama office