Dunnoon Lagoon campgrounds
Murrumbidgee Valley National Park
Camp beside the Murrumbidgee River at one of 3 campgrounds in the Dunnoon Lagoon area of Murrumbidgee Valley National Park, near Darlington Point.
You can choose to camp at any of these 3 locations when you arrive:
- Nobles Beach
- Little Platypus Beach
- Platypus Beach
There are no camping fees but a $6 booking fee applies. Bookings are required.
- Campfires are permitted between April and September.
- Collection of deadfall timber is permitted for small campfires only.
- You can't remove firewood from the park. Chainsaws are not permitted.
- Pets and domestics animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted in Murrumbidgee Valley National Park. If you want to camp with your dog, find a campground in Murrumbidgee Valley Regional Park.
Vehicle access and road quality
All roads leading to Dunnoon Lagoon campgrounds are unsealed. 4WD vehicles are recommended when wet. Campervans/RVs are permitted in this area, however not all campgrounds suit these types of vehicles.
How to get there
If you’re coming from Darlington Point:
- Travel 5km along Kidman Way on your way to Griffith.
- Turn left onto Murrumbidgee River Road.
- Follow the Murrumbidgee River Road for about 9.5km.
- Turn left onto the unsealed road into Dunnoon Lagoon entrance.
There are no rubbish collection points. Please take all rubbish when you leave.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Griffith office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 1pm to 2pm.
- 02 6966 8100
- 200 Yambil Street, Griffith NSW 2680