Diamond Head campground
Crowdy Bay National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Diamond Head campground.
Getting there and parking
Diamond Head campground is in the northern section of Crowdy Bay National Park. When you enter the park, follow Diamond Head Road to the campground.
There is 4WD access to the beach from Diamond Head but you’ll need to organise a permit from Port Macquarie-Hastings Council before setting out.
The road can deteriorate quite quickly during periods of rain and high visitation. Please drive to the road and weather conditions.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is permitted within your campsite boundaries only. There is a designated parking area for walk-in camping area bookings.
Parking in the day use area is for visitors only.
Best times to visit
Crowdy Bay National Park generally enjoys a warm subtropical climate. However outside of winter the temperature can reach above 30C, so be sure to carry sunscreen, a hat and plenty of water. Drinking water is not available within the park. Winter days and nights can be cool to cold, particularly in exposed areas of the park.
Wildflowers paint the dunes and heath in spectacular colour during spring.
Swimming, boating and fishing – enjoy the delights of Crowdy Bay's magnificent beaches. Look out for the festive Christmas Bell blooms.
Remember your binoculars and camera to experience the sight of migrating whales.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
19°C and 25°C
10°C and 19°C
February and March
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- The main part of the campground has marked sites and is suitable for motorhomes, caravans, campervans, camper trailers and tents. No powered sites are available.
- Campsites in the walk-in camp area are suitable for tents only. All equipment must be carried from vehicles to the camp area (about 150m).
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Fires are permitted in off-the-ground braziers only. Hire is available from the onsite office.
- Firewood and ice can be purchased from the onsite office. Collecting firewood from the park is not permitted.
- Rubbish and recycling bins are available near the amenities block.
- There is a Dump-Ezy for chemical toilet waste
- Please be considerate of others and keep noise down. Noise restrictions apply from 10pm.
Outdoor beach showers and cold showers are available.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Additional parking onsite is provided for day visitors only.
- Cold showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area. There are wheelchair accessible toilets at the campground.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Fires are permitted in off-the-ground braziers only. You can hire one from the Diamond Head office.
Spear fishing is permitted in designated areas only.
Amplified music is not permitted.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Crowdy Bay National Park in the North Coast region
Crowdy Bay National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass