Cooleman Mountain campground
High Plains area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Cooleman Mountain campground.
Getting there and parking
Cooleman Mountain campground is in the northern precinct of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- From either Tumut Visitor Centre or Adaminaby, drive along Snowy Mountains Highway.
- Turn right onto Long Plain Road
- Drive north along Long Plain Road for about 17km, then turn right onto Blue Waterholes trail.
- After 2.5km, you’ll arrive at the campground.
- There's no vehicle access to this campground in winter, and roads may close in extreme weather.
- Check the weather before you set out as Long Plain Road can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Cooleman Mountain campground.
- Tank water is available at this campground – you'll need to treat or boil it before drinking.
- Rubbish bins are not available – please take rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area. The pit toilet has wheelchair access.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Firewood is not provided and may not be collected from the park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in the High Plains area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
Long Plain Road and Tantangara Road (beyond the dam wall) are closed in winter from June to October long weekends. This period may be extended so it’s a good idea to contact the Tumut Visitor Centre. Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
No park entry fees apply in the High Plains area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass