The Pines campground
Coolah Tops National Park
All the practical information you need to know about The Pines campground.
Getting there and parking
The Pines Creek campground is in the western precinct of Coolah Tops National Park. To get there:
- After entering the park, continue on The Forest Road for approximately 7km.
- Turn right into Hildegard Road
- Continue on Hildegard Road for about 1km to The Pines campground
Check the weather before you set out as some roads within the park are closed after heavy rain.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at The Pines campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Coolah Tops National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Great camping weather before the cold weather arrives. Swap stories by the campfire about the day's adventures.
See the park come to life as the pink darling pea, yellow flowering black wattle and silver wattle burst into colour.
Enjoy warm days walking and mountain biking and cooler nights in the bush.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 30°C
2°C and 15°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is available from the nearby Norfolk Island Creek, but should be boiled before consumption.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.
- Wheelchair accessible toilet
Firewood is not provided, but you may collect wood from within the park – the use of chainsaws is not permitted.