Bummaroo Ford campground
Abercrombie River National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bummaroo Ford campground.
Getting there and parking
Bummaroo Ford campground is in the eastern precinct of Abercrombie River National Park. To get there:
- Follow Abercrombie Road
- The campground is situated where the road crosses Abercrombie River, 74km south of Oberon.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for in Abercrombie River National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The weather at this time of year is perfect for camping and hiking.
Bring your swimmers and take a dip in Abercrombie and Retreat rivers.
The days are crisp – snow falls in higher parts of the park – so pack on the layers, fire up the 4WD and explore some of those trails.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
9°C and 25°C
0°C and 11°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Supplies can be bought from the nearest towns of Taralga and Oberon.
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area
- A wheelchair-accessible toilet is planned for 2013
Bummaroo Ford campground have noise restrictions so visitors and wildlife can enjoy the park together.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.