Bullocks Hill campground
Selwyn area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bullocks Hill campground.
Getting there and parking
Bullocks Hill campground is in the Selwyn area of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- Follow the Snowy Mountains Highway for around 100km
- Turn right onto Bullocks Hill trail and continue for around 6km until you reach the campground.
- Follow the Snowy Mountains Highway for around 78km
- Turn left onto Bullocks Hill trail and continue for around 6km until you reach the campground.
Road access and conditions
- Please check the weather and road conditions before you set out, as this campground may not be accessible after snow or rain.
- Bullocks Hill trail, Long Plain Road and Tantangara Road (beyond the dam wall) are closed in winter.
- The Roads and Maritime Service (RMS) recommends snow chains are carried by all vehicles driving in the park in winter, including 4WD and AWD, in the event of extreme weather. Visit the Live Traffic website for current conditions.
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Bullocks Hill campground.
- There are no rubbish bins at this campground, so please take all rubbish away with you.
- A loading ramp, hitching rails and yard is available for horses. Bring electrical tape and an energiser if you would like to divide the yard into smaller areas.
- The nearest fuel and supplies are located in Adaminaby, Cooma, Talbingo, or Tumut. Limited services in Cabramurra.
- Non-flush toilets
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
This campground has a natural dirt surface which may be difficult to navigate with a wheelchair.
Hard access is via steps or a steep slope, or you'll have to move across a rough surface with obstacles such as potholes, tree roots, and rocks. Assistance will be necessary.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
You'll need to bring your own supply of firewood.
You can fish in rivers and streams between the October and June long weekends. A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required to fish in all waters. Fishing in dams and lakes is permitted year-round, but some waterways may close temporarily or have restrictions. Refer to the NSW Recreational Freshwater Fishing Guide for information.
Please don't tie your horses to trees in the national park.
Hunting, chainsaws and fossicking are not permitted in Kosciuszko National Park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in the Selwyn area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Selwyn area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kings Cross Road and the Khancoban-Cabramurra Road are closed in winter (June to October long weekends). Some campgrounds in the Selwyn area close in winter.
Park entry fees apply in winter on Link Road
June to October long weekends: $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day (24hrs).Buy annual pass