Buddong Falls campground
Tumut area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Buddong Falls campground.
Getting there and parking
Buddong Falls campground is in the north-western precinct of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
From Laurel Hill:
- Follow Kopsens Road, then turn left onto Snubba Road.
- Continue along Snubba Road and travel for 3.6km
- Turn right onto Bullongra Road, then continue straight onto Browns Road.
- Follow Browns Road until the turn-off for De Beauzevilles Road, then continue on to Bago Boundary Road.
- From Elliott Way, follow Bago Powerline Road and continue along this road until it becomes Bago Boundary Road.
Please note, there is no vehicle access from Talbingo due to long-term road closures.
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Buddong Falls campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Buddong Falls campground.
Water is available at the creek, however you'll need to boil it or use a method of purifying it.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in the Tumut area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Tumut area is open all year but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues.
No park entry fees apply in the Tumut area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass