Boyd River campground
Kanangra-Boyd National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Boyd River campground.
Getting there and parking
Boyd River campground is in the Kanangra Walls precinct of Kanangra-Boyd National Park. To get there:
- From Oberon: Turn off the main street onto Ross Street at the National Australia Bank, then follow the signs to Jenolan Caves and Kanangra-Boyd National Park. A 25-minute drive will take you to the park entrance. Follow this road to Kanangra Walls carpark. Allow an hour to get from the entrance to the carpark.
- From Jenolan Caves: Take the exit road to Edith up to the intersection with Kanangra Road. Turn left and continue towards Kanangra Walls for 25km. Watch out for wombats on the road.
Check the weather before you set out as the campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Boyd River campground, including several designated disabled spots.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Kanangra-Boyd National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A beautiful time of year to enjoy hiking and mountain biking; the temperature isn't too hot. The Kanangra Classic, a weekend of outdoor adventure, takes place at Jensens Farm near Boyd River Campground in October. The event includes mountain bike enduros, a social ride and an ultramarathon.
Take the family camping in the mountains. This is best time of year for canyoning, as well as spotting some of the park's wildlife including kangaroos, echidnas, wombats and lyrebirds.
With cold temperatures during these months, including the possibility of snow, it's best to walk and mountain bike as part of a day trip. You'll be rewarded with the yellow Kanangra wattle beginning to bloom in late winter.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
10°C and 23°C
-2ºC and 10ºC
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Creek water is available at this campground – you’ll need to treat or boil it before drinking.
- Firewood is not provided and may not be collected from this park.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
This area is fully wheelchair accessible.