Mungo National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Belah campground.
Getting there and parking
Belah campground is in the Walls of China precinct of Mungo National Park. To get there:
- From Sturt Highway, take Silver City Highway south of Mildura.
- Turn right into Arumpo Road and follow to the end
- Turn left into Balranald Road
- Take the first right into Mailbox Road and continue to the Mungo Visitor Centre
- Follow Mungo Self-guided Drive tour to the campground
- The route to the campground includes unpaved roads, generally suitable for 2WD cars, though roads may become impassable in wet weather
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Belah campground can become boggy when it rains
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- Dry weather only
Parking is available beside your tent at Belah campground
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 34°C
3°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- There are no powered sites at this campground
- Showers and flush toilets can be found at Mungo Visitor Centre
- Water is not available at this campground
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- This area is fully wheelchair accessible
- This campground has flat gravel sites
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Please be aware there are no fires permitted at this campground, so you'll need to bring a gas cooker if you wish to cook
Flying drones in Mungo National Park is not permitted unless you've received written agreement from the Park Office before your visit. Please note that a consent to fly a drone in this park is only permitted in exceptional circumstances with endorsement from the traditional owners. Read more about the Drones in Parks policy and the process to apply for consent.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Mungo National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Mungo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees: $8 per vehicle per day. Fees are payable through self-registration envelopes outside Mungo Visitor Centre. Different fees apply for commercial tour operators and vehicles with 8 seats or more.Buy annual pass