Wombeyan Caves cabins
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about Wombeyan Caves cabins.
Getting there and parking
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve will remain closed as it is inaccessible while the local Council repairs flood damage along Wombeyan Caves Road from both directions. The road is now closed from both Mittagong and Taralga.
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
Parking is available for 1 vehicle next to each cabin. Limited additional parking is available near the general camping area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve. Here are some of the highlights.
Visit now and you'll see the gorgeous changing colours of the trees. The warm days and cool nights make this an ideaI time for camping.
While the caves can be visited all year round, a trip to Wombeyan in spring is well timed to catch wildflowers in full bloom.
A great time for a weekend camping trip - pitch your tent, enjoy breakfast cooked on the barbecue and the coolness of the caves on a guided tour.
Take advantage of the cooler weather and book a weekend getaway at Wombeyan Caves cabins.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
13°C and 26°C
1°C and 11°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- The cabins are self contained and fully furnished with kitchenette, dining area, and bathroom.
- The double and family cabins have 2 bedrooms.
- Double cabins: Sleeps 5 people with 1 double bed and 1 single over double bunk bed (trio bunk).
- Family cabins: Sleeps 6 people with 1 double bed and 2 single bunk beds.
- Please leave the cabins and any shared campground facilities clean and tidy with all kitchen items washed up and put away. Additional fees may be charged for any unreasonable cleaning required or missing/broken items.
- Flush toilets
Undercover electric barbecues (free) are located opposite the cabins.
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
There is a public phone available next to the onsite office. The phone accepts both coins and phone cards.
Showers have a handheld shower hose and shower curtain.
- Hot showers
Kitchenettes include a microwave oven, grill, full-sized fridge/freezer, toaster and kettle.
Plates and cutlery
Pots and pans
All cabins include electric or oil heaters.
A rubbish bin is provided for each cabin for food scraps and general waste only. There are no recycling facilities at Wombeyan Caves. Please take your recyclables home with you.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Only the family cabin (cabin 9) is wheelchair accessible with ramp access. Door widths are 800mm. Assistance may be required to access this area. A locked wheelchair accessible toilet and shower room is located in the campervan / caravan area’s amenities block, near the unmarked general camping area. Please ask for access at the onsite office.
Please be considerate of your fellow campers if you're operating a generator. Please note that use is limited to between 8am to 10pm.
- All cabin furniture including dining settings are for indoor use only and must not be taken outside
- Noise limits apply from 10pm. Park Management reserves the right to insist that offensive or excessively loud music is turned off at any time if it's causing distress to other visitors.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
Firewood may not be collected from the park, so you'll need to bring your own supply.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.