Royal National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Weemalah Cottage.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Weemalah Cottage is located on the foreshore of the Hacking River and is around 41km south of Sydney.
From Sydney :
- Travel south along the Princes Highway from Sutherland
- Turn left onto Farnell Avenue, Audley (Royal National Park)
- Proceed along Farnell Avenue to Audley Weir
- Drive across Audley Weir and continue along Sir Bertram Stevens Drive approximately 2km to Warumbul Road
- Turn left and continue on Warumbul Road to the junction of Rathane Road
- Go straight ahead onto an unsealed road and continue along Warumbul Road for approximately 3km
- Turn right onto an informal carpark with a large tree in the centre
- At the southern end of this carpark you will find a locked gate
- The cottage is approximately 300m from the gate.
Pick up service: Pick up service is available from Sutherland Station. You must arrange pick up with the property managers at least 48 hours before you check in.
Check in: The property managers will call you before your booking to arrange your check in details and security deposit. A $200 security deposit is required.
Guests will receive 2 keys; 1 key to unlock the cottage entrance gate and 1 key to unlock the cottage. You will also receive a PIN code to open the boom gate at Warumbul Road, which is closed from 8:30pm to 7am.
Check out and returning keys: A $50 hourly penalty applies for late check outs. Please return the keys when you check out, to the key boxes located at the Royal Visitor Centre or to the property managers. A $100 fee applies for lost keys or keys not returned at time of check out.
Please check with your hire car company that driving on unsealed roads is acceptable.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Weemalah Cottage.
- The cottage has a fully furnished living room, a bathroom with shower and toilet, and a separate toilet.
- The kitchen has a refrigerator, microwave, oven, crockery, cutlery and glassware.
- Bedding configuration: 2 queen beds, 2 single beds.
- Bed linen and towels are provided, please bring your own beach towels.
- The cottage has a television, Blu-Ray/DVD player, washing machine, iron, ironing board and a gas barbecue.
- Please leave the cottage clean and tidy, or additional fees may apply. Place rubbish in the bins provided outside. Excessive amounts of rubbish should be taken with you.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Audley Dance Hall Café has coffee and refreshments
- You can pick up supplies at nearby shops in Sutherland and Engadine.
- Hot showers
Weemalah cottage is an eco-friendly powered property that relies on solar and LPG generator power. Please limit the use of light and power during daylight hours and try not to overload power by using multiple appliances at the same time.
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Amplified music is not permitted.
- Please don’t feed the birds or animals.
- Electrical appliances using more than 1500 watts are not permitted.
- The cottage can't be used for commercial purposes, including filming. Email Royal National Park for more information.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Payment options include Audley Visitor Centre, vehicle entry stations, pay machines and the Park’nPay app.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass