New England National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Toms Cabin.
Getting there and parking
On entering New England National Park:
- Continue on Point Lookout Road
- Toms Cabin is located approximately 13km along Point Lookout Road, just before you arrive at Point lookout.
A pin code to access the property will be emailed in your booking confirmation. If you have not received or have lost your code, please contact 1300 072 757.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Toms Cabin for 2 vehicles.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in New England National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy the fresh air walking during the day, and cosy nights by the fire at Toms Cabin.
Climb up to Wrights lookout and see the colourful display of wildflowers.
Immerse yourself in the cool air and vibrant green of the Antarctic beech rainforest covered in moss.
Discover the spectacular icicles and frozen rock faces along the Weeping Rock walking track.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
10°C and 24°C
1°C and 12°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Toms Cabin is a bushwalker’s cabin so it has very basic facilities
- Only mattresses are provided. It can get quite cold so come prepared for cold weather.
- There's no electricity but there is solar power for lighting. The lights work on a timer to save battery power. The toilet, shower and lounge room lights run for 20 minutes, while the bedroom lights run for 2 minutes.
- There are no power points, fridge, DVD player, television, stereo or laundry facilities
- In unusually cold weather (July to August) the water pipes may freeze overnight and there is no water when taps are turned on. The taps usually thaw by late morning.
- The kitchen has a small gas stove (stove top and grill), and a sink with cold water. If having trouble igniting the gas stove, please use the manual igniter provided.
- Cutlery and crockery is provided.
- There's an open fireplace inside and a wood barbecue and picnic table outside. Firewood is supplied.
- Please leave the property clean and tidy or additional cleaning fees may be charged
- Rubbish bins are provided
- Flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (firewood supplied)
Tap water is sourced from a nearby spring and is not treated or monitored. Please boil or treat water before drinking.
The hot water system for the shower is gas. If there is no hot water, please check that the gas bottles outside are turned on. The pilot light on the hot water system should be lit.
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty. There are some stairs into the cabin.
Amplified music is not permitted.
Firewood may not be collected from the park. Some firewood is provided for the open fireplace and wood barbecue at the cabin.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.