The Bank Room
Yerranderie Regional Park
All the practical information you need to know about The Bank Room.
Getting there and parking
The Bank Room is in Yerranderie Regional Park. To get there:
- Start at Oberon on Edith Road, then turn right after 8km onto Butter Factory Lane, which turns into Shooters Hill Road.
- Turn left onto Mount Werong Road (also known as Colong-Oberon Historic Stock Route) and follow this unsealed road past Mount Werong campground.
- Continue all the way along the crest of Murruin Range to Yerranderie Private Town. Stay on the main track and follow the signs.
Access to The Bank Room is only accessible from the Oberon-Colong Historic Stock Route. There is no access from Sydney (Oakdale).
- Protected water catchment areas prevent any access via the Burragong Valley, Picton and Oakdale. This is to protect Sydney's water quality.
- Online maps and GPS navigation devices do not show the right directions. Make sure you program Oberon as your initial destination, then Yerranderie Private Town.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at The Bank Room.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 30°C
3°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- 3 single beds.
- Towels, pillows and blankets are provided.
- There are no rubbish bins so you'll need to take all rubbish with you.
The facilities block is share with campers and includes:
- 1 male toilet and shower
- 1 female toilet and shower
- A camp kitchen with a small fridge, sink, gas hotplates, grill and oven.
- Flush toilets
- Fire rings (firewood supplied)
- Hot showers