St Bernard's Presbytery
Hartley Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about St Bernard's Presbytery.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
St Bernard’s Presbytery is located in Hartley Historic Site, just over 2 hours west of Sydney, and only 20 minutes from Lithgow.
To get there from Sydney:
- Travel along the Great Western Highway towards Lithgow
- Turn left into the village at the Historic Site signs, 4km after Little Hartley.
Park entry points
- St Bernard's Presbytery Access Point See on map
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at the cottage for 1 car. There's also on-street parking available for another car.
- The cottage has a dining room, lounge room, 2 bedrooms, gas heating, gas barbecue and verandah.
- The bathroom has a spa bath, double shower, toilet, underfloor heating and heated towel racks.
- The kitchen is fully equipped with electric stove and oven, kettle, toaster, microwave, coffee pod machine and fridge.
- There's a washing machine and dryer.
- 2 bedrooms: 1 queen size four poster bed; 2 king single beds, which can be converted to a king size bed. Email Hartley or call (02) 6355 2117 in advance to request the king singles be converted to a king bed.
- All bed linen and towels are provided including pillows and pillow cases.
- There's a TV but there's no signal. You can use it to play DVDs.
- Please leave the property clean and tidy, with all kitchen items washed up and put away. You may be charged additional fees if unreasonable cleaning is required or for missing/broken items.
- Rubbish bins are available in the kitchen.
- There is mobile phone reception but the signal may be weak in some areas. There's no Wi-Fi.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Amplified music is prohibited.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Hartley Historic Site in the Sydney and surrounds region
Hartley Historic Site is open every day but may have to close at times due to fire danger or school bookings.
Hartley Historic Site Visitor Centre is open Tuesday to Sunday, 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 4.20pm.