St Bernard's Presbytery
Hartley Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about St Bernard's Presbytery.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
St Bernard’s Presbytery is located in Hartley Historic Site, just over 2 hours west of Sydney, and only 20 minutes from Lithgow.
To get there from Sydney:
- Travel along the Great Western Highway towards Lithgow
- Turn left into the village at the Historic Site signs, 4km after Little Hartley.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at the cottage for 1 car. There's also on-street parking available for another car.
- Bedding configuration: 2 bedrooms: 1 queen size four poster bed; 2 king single beds, which can be converted to a king size bed. Contact the visitor centre in advance to request the king singles be converted to a king bed.
- The bathroom has a spa bath, double shower, toilet, underfloor heating and heated towel racks.
- Dining room and lounge room.
- Please leave the property clean and tidy, with all kitchen items washed up and put away. You may be charged additional fees if unreasonable cleaning is required or for missing/broken items.
- There is mobile phone reception but the signal may be weak in some areas. There's no Wi-Fi.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Hot showers
Plates and cutlery
Pots and pans
There's a TV but there's no signal. You can use it to play DVDs.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Amplified music is prohibited.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Hartley Historic Site in the Sydney and surrounds region
Hartley Historic Site is open every day but access may be limited at times due to fire danger, school bookings or organised events.