Hartley Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about Old Trahlee.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Old Trahlee is located in Hartley Historic Site, just over 2 hours west of Sydney, and only 20 mins from Lithgow.
To get there from Sydney:
- Travel along the Great Western Highway towards Lithgow
- Turn left into the village at the Historic Site signs, 4km after Little Hartley.
Park entry points
- Old Trahlee Access Point See on map
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
There's a driveway parking spot for 1 small car, and 2 on-street parking spaces in front of the cottage.
- The cottage has a dining room with television, lounge room with television, 4 bedrooms, gas heating and verandah.
- There's no television signal but you can still play DVDs
- The bathroom has a shower, toilet, underfloor heating and heated towel racks.
- The kitchenette has 2 hotplates, oven, kettle, toaster, microwave and a fridge.
- There's a laundry with washing machine, dryer and tub.
- Bedding configutation: 1 double bed (disabled access); 1 double bed; 1 single bunk bed, 1 baby cot (0–4yrs).
- All bed linen and towels are provided, including pillows and pillow cases.
- Please leave the property clean and tidy, with all kitchen items washed up and put away. Additional fees may be charged if unreasonable cleaning is required or for missing/broken items.
- Rubbish bins are available in the kitchen
- There is mobile phone reception in the cottage but the signal might be weak in some areas. There's no Wi-Fi.
- Flush toilets
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
There is standard wheelchair access to half of Old Trahlee:
- Toilet facilities are wheelchair-accessible.
- One bedroom is wheelchair-accessible.
- The kitchen, dining table and lounge are wheelchair-accessible.
- Pathways and entry to the house are wheelchair-accessible.
Amplified music is prohibited.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Hartley Historic Site in the Sydney and surrounds region
Hartley Historic Site is open every day but may have to close at times due to fire danger or school bookings.
Hartley Historic Site Visitor Centre is open Tuesday to Sunday, 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 4.20pm.