Hill End Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about Northeys apartment.
Getting there and parking
From Bathurst (allow 1.5hrs):
- Turn off the Great Western Highway onto Gilmour Street, at Kelso
- Follow Sofala Road for around 45km
- At Sofala, turn left onto Hill End Road and continue for around 37.5km to Hill End Historic Site
From Mudgee (allow 1.25hrs):
- Head north towards Gulgong on the Castlereagh Highway
- Turn left onto Hill End Road and continue for around 69km to Hill End Historic Site
After arriving in Hill End, drive past the Royal Hotel. Continue towards the war memorial and keep to the right (Clarke Street). Northeys is the first property on the left-hand side. It’s a double story brick building with a balcony facing the street.
Access to the apartment is at the rear of the building. You will need an access code to enter the property. We’ll email you the code after you book.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available on the right-hand side of the property in the designated parking area.
- The apartment has 1 bedroom with a queen bed
- The kitchen includes a 2-burner stovetop, microwave, kettle and toaster.
- The lounge room has a gas log heater, TV and DVD player.
- The indoor bathroom has a shower and toilet
- Please leave the property clean and tidy with kitchen items washed up and put away. Additional fees may be charged for any unreasonable cleaning required, or for missing or broken items.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Fossicking is prohibited in Hill End Historic Site. There is a Crown Land fossicking area in Tambaroora, 12min drive north of Hill End, where you can fossick with a permit.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.