Applies from Thu 11 Nov 2021, 8.32am to Mon 3 Oct 2022, 8.34am. Last reviewed: Thu 11 Nov 2021, 4.16pm
Safety alerts: River crossings to campgrounds
Vehicle access to the following camping areas is via natural river bed crossings that require 4WD capability, and are subject to flooding:
- Wollemi National Park - Newnes (Cricket Pitch camping area only)
- Turon National Park - all camping areas
- Marrangaroo National Park - main camping area
- Abercrombie River National Park - all camping areas
- Kanangra Boyd National Park - Kowmung river crossing
River levels can rise rapidly with heavy rain falling upstream. Please check the weather forecast before leaving home.
Affects 1 park nearby.