Hill End Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about Hosies.
Getting there and parking
Hosies is centrally-located in Hill End Historic Site. To get there:
From Bathurst (allow 1.5hr)
- Turn off the Great Western Highway onto Gilmour Street, at Kelso
- Follow Sofala Road for around 45km
- At Sofala, turn left onto Hill End Road and continue for around 37.5km to Hill End Historic Site
From Mudgee (allow 1.25hrs)
- Head north towards Gulgong on the Castlereagh Highway
- Turn left onto Hill End Road and continue for around 69km to Hill End Historic Site
After arriving in Hill End, turn right onto Clarke Street past the Heritage Centre. Hosies is the second 2-storey brick building on your left, on the corner of Clarke and Short Street.
Entry is at the back of the building, via Short Street.
You’ll receive a PIN code in your booking confirmation email to access the building. Call 1300 072 757 if you don't receive the PIN code.
Access PIN code
Use your access PIN code to enter the building.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available on the roadside along Clarke Street and Short Street.
- Hosies is a 2-storey building with accommodation on the top floor.
- There are no ensuite bedrooms. Bathrooms are located downstairs on the entry level.
- There are 2 bathrooms: 1 with toilet and shower over bath; 1 with shower and toilet. There’s also 1 separate toilet.
- Bedding configuration: 5 bedrooms with 1 queen bed; 2 bedrooms with 1 king single bed.
- All bed linen and towels are provided.
- Each bedroom has a bar fridge, TV, heater and desk.
- There’s a small kitchenette available for food prep or reheating, located on the ground floor, to the left of the entry. It’s equipped with a fridge, microwave, toaster and kettle.
- A commercial kitchen is also available for use with a large fridge, oven, cooktop with element and kitchen utensils. Use of the commercial dishwashers, grill and stovetop is prohibited for safety reasons.
- Coffee and tea making facilities are provided in the small common area upstairs.
- Ironing boards and irons are available.
- Please ensure you leave the property clean and tidy with all kitchen items washed up and put away. Additional fees may be charged for any unreasonable cleaning required, or for missing or broken items.
- Rubbish bins are available in each room, bathrooms and the kitchenette.
- There's limited mobile phone service, however no WiFi is available. A public pay phone is available in the village at the post office.
- Hill End General Store and Café is 200m up Clarke Street in the main centre of the village. It provides basic groceries and café service from 9am to 3pm daily.
- Royal Hotel, opposite the General Store, provides pub meals and refreshments from 12:00pm to 9:00pm daily.
- Flush toilets
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Hosies accommodation is located on the first floor of a heritage building, and is accessed by stairs only.
Amplified music is permitted with due consideration to other visitors.
Camping, tents, campervans and extra guests are not permitted on the property. This accommodation is for booked guests only.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.