Hill End Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about Hosies.
Getting there and parking
Hosies is centrally-located in Hill End Historic Site. To get there:
From Bathurst (allow 1.5hr)
- Turn off the Great Western Highway onto Gilmour Street, at Kelso
- Follow Sofala Road for around 45km
- At Sofala, turn left onto Hill End Road and continue for around 37.5km to Hill End Historic Site
From Mudgee (allow 1.25hrs)
- Head north towards Gulgong on the Castlereagh Highway
- Turn left onto Hill End Road and continue for around 69km to Hill End Historic Site
After arriving in Hill End, turn right onto Clarke Street past the Heritage Centre. Hosies is the second 2-storey brick building on your left, on the corner of Clarke and Short Street.
Guest entry is at the back of the building, via Short Street.
You’ll receive 2 PIN codes in your booking confirmation email to access the building. Call 13000 72757 if you don't receive both PIN codes.
Access PIN code
Use your access PIN code to enter the building.
Room PIN code
After entering the building, use your room PIN code to access your room key from the box at the entrance to your room. Please return your room key to the box on check out.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available on the roadside along Clarke Street and Short Street.
- Hosies is a 2-storey building with accommodation on the top floor. Guest entry is at the back of the building, from Short Street.
- There are no ensuite bedrooms. Guest bathrooms are located downstairs on the guest entry level.
- There are 2 shared bathrooms: 1 with toilet and shower over bath; 1 with shower and toilet. There’s also 1 separate toilet.
- Bedding configuration: 5 bedrooms with 1 queen bed; 2 bedrooms with 1 king single bed.
- All bed linen and towels are provided.
- Each bedroom has a bar fridge, TV, heater and desk.
- There’s a small kitchenette available for food prep or reheating, located on the ground floor, to the left of the guest entry. It’s equipped with a fridge, microwave, toaster and kettle.
- Coffee and tea making facilities are provided in the small common area upstairs.
- Ironing boards and irons are available.
- Please ensure you leave the property clean and tidy with all kitchen items washed up and put away. Additional fees may be charged for any unreasonable cleaning required, or for missing or broken items.
- Rubbish bins are available in each room, bathrooms and the kitchenette.
- There's limited mobile phone service, however no WiFi is available. A public pay phone is available in the village at the post office.
- Hill End General Store and Café is 200m up Clarke Street in the main centre of the village. It provides basic groceries and café service from 9am to 3pm daily.
- Royal Hotel, opposite the General Store, provides pub meals and refreshments from 12:00pm to 9:00pm daily.
- Flush toilets
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Hosies accommodation is located on the first floor of a heritage building, and is accessed by stairs only.
Amplified music is permitted with due consideration to other visitors.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.