Hill End Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about Hosies.
Getting there and parking
Hosies is centrally-located in Hill End Historic Site. To get there:
From Bathurst (allow 1.5hr)
- Turn off the Great Western Highway onto Gilmour Street, at Kelso
- Follow Sofala Road for around 45km
- At Sofala, turn left onto Hill End Road and continue for around 37.5km to Hill End Historic Site
From Mudgee (allow 1.25hrs)
- Head north towards Gulgong on the Castlereagh Highway
- Turn left onto Hill End Road and continue for around 69km to Hill End Historic Site
After arriving in Hill End, turn right onto Clarke Street past the Heritage Centre. Hosies is the second 2-storey brick building on your left, on the corner of Clarke and Short Street.
Entry is at the back of the building, via Short Street.
You’ll receive a PIN code in your booking confirmation email to access the building. Call 1300 072 757 if you don't receive the PIN code.
Access PIN code
Use your access PIN code to enter the building.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available on the roadside along Clarke Street and Short Street.
- Hosies is a 2-storey building with accommodation on the top floor.
- There are no ensuite bedrooms. Bathrooms are located downstairs on the entry level.
- There are 2 bathrooms: 1 with toilet and shower over bath; 1 with shower and toilet. There’s also 1 separate toilet.
- Bedding configuration: 5 bedrooms with 1 queen bed; 2 bedrooms with 1 king single bed.
- Please leave the property clean and tidy with all kitchen items washed up and put away. Additional fees may be charged for any unreasonable cleaning required, or for missing or broken items.
- There's limited mobile phone service in the village. There is free Wi-fi at the nearby Heritage Centre. A public pay phone is available in the village at the post office.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Hot showers
A commercial kitchen is available for limited use. It has 2 large fridges, a large freezer, residential-grade oven with 4-burner cooktop, microwave, kettle, toaster, pod coffee maker and sufficient crockery and cookware to cater for 12 people. Use of the commercial dishwashers, grill and stovetop is prohibited for safety reasons.
Each bedroom has a heater.
Available in each room, bathrooms and the kitchen.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Hosies accommodation is located on the first floor of a heritage building, and is accessed by stairs only.
Amplified music is permitted with due consideration to other visitors.
Fossicking is prohibited in Hill End Historic Site. There is a Crown Land fossicking area in Tambaroora, 12min drive north of Hill End, where you can fossick with a permit.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.