Royal National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Hilltop Cottage.
Getting there and parking
Hilltop Cottage is located overlooking the Hacking River and is around 42km south of Sydney.
- Travel south along the Princes Highway from Sutherland
- Turn left onto Farnell Avenue, Audley (Royal National Park)
- Proceed along Farnell Avenue to Audley Weir
- Drive across Audley Weir and continue along Sir Bertram Stevens Drive for approximately 2km
- Turn left on to Warumbul Road and follow to the junction of Rathane Road
- Continue along the sealed Rathane Road until you reach the entrance to Youthworks Conference Centre
- Enter the Hilltop Cottage gate on the right (please do not enter Youthworks property).
Pick up service: Pick up service is available from Sutherland Station. You must arrange pick up with the property managers at least 48 hours before you check in.
Check in: The property managers will contact you before your booking to arrange your check in details and security deposit. A $200 security deposit is required.
You will receive 2 keys; 1 key to unlock the cottage entrance gate, and 1 key to unlock the cottage. You will also receive a PIN code to access the cottage and to open the boom gate at Warumbul Road. This gate is closed from 8:30pm to 7am.
Check out and returning keys: A $50 hourly penalty fee applies for late check outs. Please return the keys on check out, to the key boxes at the Royal Visitor Centre or to the property managers. A $100 fee applies for lost keys or keys not returned at time of check out.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at the cottage.
- The cottage has a fully furnished living room, a bathroom with shower, separate toilet and laundry.
- The kitchen has a refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, cooktop, oven, crockery, cutlery and glassware.
- Bedding configuration: 2 x queen, 2 x singles.
- Bed linen and towels are provided, please bring your own beach towels.
- The cottage has a television, Blu-Ray/DVD player, washing machine, dryer, iron, ironing board, gas heater and a gas barbecue.
- Please leave the cottage clean and tidy, or additional fees may apply. Place rubbish in the bins provided outside. Excessive amounts of rubbish should be taken with you.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Audley Dance Hall Café has coffee and refreshments.
- You can pick up supplies at nearby shops in Sutherland and Engadine.
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Amplified music is not permitted
- Please don’t feed the birds or animals.
- The cottage is not to be used for commercial purposes, including filming. Email Royal National Park for more information.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Seasonal ticket booths at Wattamolla and Garie Beach - cash and credit card facilities available. Please bring correct change. There's also coin and card operated pay and display machines to buy day passes.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass