Green Cape Lightstation Keepers' Cottages
Green Cape area in Ben Boyd National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Green Cape Lightstation Keepers' Cottages.
Getting there and parking
Green Cape Lightstation Cottages are in the southern section of Ben Boyd National Park. To get there:
- Travel south from Eden on the Princes Highway for 18km
- Turn off at Edrom Road and follow it for 6km
- Turn right onto Green Cape Road and follow it for 21km
4WD may be required in wet weather.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
In the cottage carpark there is a limit of 1 vehicle for cottage 1 and 2, and a limit of 2 vehicles for cottage 3. Additional vehicles can park in the nearby day use visitor parking area, a short distance away.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Ben Boyd National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Camp at Bittangabee Beach campground and see lyrebirds performing their characteristic dance and tail display.
Visit Green Cape Lighthouse or Boyds Tower to spot whales migrating south to their Antarctic feeding grounds - you might even see females with young calves.
Plan a camping trip to Saltwater Creek - to enjoy the lagoons and beautiful surf beach.
Take the Light to Light walk when it's nice and cool and the banksias are in bloom.
- There are 3 beautifully-restored cottages available, each offering quality heritage accommodation and charming nautical decor.
- Cottage 3 sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 queen bed, 2 single beds, 2 single beds). The cottage has a well-equipped kitchen with fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster, slow-cooker, microwave, gas stove and oven, and all cutlery, crockery and glassware. There is a lounge room, dining room, gas heater, bathroom with hot shower and toilet, and verandah with outdoor furniture.
- Cottages 1 and 2 are joined by a common hallway, and have a shared kitchen. Each cottage sleeps 5 people in 2 bedrooms (1 queen bed, 2 single beds, 1 fold-away single bed). The shared kitchen is well-equipped with 2 fridge/freezers, 2 kettles, 2 toasters, 2 slow-cookers, 1 microwave, 1 gas stove and oven and all cutlery, crockery and glassware.Cottages 1 and 2 have a lounge/dining room with gas heater, bathroom with hot shower and separate toilet, and verandah with outdoor furniture.
- All bed linen, pillows and towels are provided.
- You'll receive a free tour of the lightstation.
- There are no televisions, DVD players, stereos or laundries.
- Please leave the property clean and tidy with all kitchen items washed up and put away. Additional fees may be charged for any unreasonable cleaning required or missing/broken items.
- Rubbish bins are provided at each of the cottages.
- The cottages use solar power with a backup diesel generator. Please leave your personal electrical devices, including hair dryers and electric blankets, at home.
- Flush toilets
Weber gas barbecues are available by request.
Each cottage has a filtered tap in the kitchen for drinking. Water used for facilities is untreated rainwater collected from the cottage rooftops.
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Help may be required to access this area. Cottage 3 is fully wheelchair accessible.