Bundjalung National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Forest House.
Getting there and parking
Forest House is located near Woody Head campground in Bundjalung National Park. To get there:
- From the north, take Iluka Road turnoff, 72km south of Ballina on Pacific Highway.
- From the south, take Iluka Road turn off, 56km north of Grafton.
- Drive along Iluka Road, through Woombah, over the Esk River Bridge for 13km, then follow the signs to Bundjalung National Park and Woody Head campground.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- All weather
Parking is available for up to 4 vehicles. A daily vehicle entry fee applies.
Forest House is fully furnished, and includes a kitchen, lounge room with television and DVD player, open-plan breakfast bar and dining area, and enclosed verandah.
- There are 5 bedrooms that sleep up to 12 guests.
- Bedding configuration: 1 double bed; 1 king single bunk bed and 1 king single bed; 1 queen bed; 1 king single bunk bed and 1 king single bed; 1 queen bed.
- The kitchen has a gas stove and oven, fridge with freezer, microwave, kettle, dishwasher, and basic kitchenware, cutlery, glassware and cooking utensils.
- There are 2 bathrooms and 3 toilets: 1 bathroom has a shower, toilet and bath; 1 bathroom has a shower and toilet; and there’s an additional toilet.
- Forest House has air-conditioning and an internal laundry with a washing machine and dryer.
- There’s an outdoor fire ring, outdoor seating and gas barbecue available.
- Please remove all your items from the fridge and freezer, and leave the house clean and tidy with all kitchen items washed and put away. Additional cleaning fees may apply if unreasonable cleaning is required, and for missing or broken items.
You can also use the facilities at Woody Head campground.
- There’s intermittent mobile phone service at Woody Head, however no Wi-Fi is available. There’s a pay phone near the Woody Head campground office.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Fire rings (firewood supplied)
Town drinking water is available.
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
- Please be considerate of others and keep noise to a reasonable level at all times. Minimum noise levels apply between 10pm and 7am.
- Amplified music is not permitted.
- Camping beside the house is not permitted.
Firewood is available in the wood bay next to the Woody Head campground office.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.