Bundjalung National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Forest House.
Getting there and parking
Forest House is located near Woody Head campground in Bundjalung National Park. To get there:
- From the north, take Iluka Road turnoff, 72km south of Ballina on Pacific Highway.
- From the south, take Iluka Road turn off, 56km north of Grafton.
- Drive along Iluka Road, through Woombah, over the Esk River Bridge for 13km, then follow the signs to Bundjalung National Park and Woody Head campground.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- All weather
Parking is available for up to 4 vehicles. A daily vehicle entry fee applies.
- There are 5 bedrooms that sleep up to 12 guests.
- Bedding configuration: 1 double bed; 1 king single bunk bed and 1 king single bed; 1 queen bed; 1 king single bunk bed and 1 king single bed; 1 queen bed.
- There are 2 bathrooms and 3 toilets: 1 bathroom has a shower, toilet and bath; 1 bathroom has a shower and toilet; and there’s an additional toilet.
- Open-plan breakfast bar and dining area.
- Lounge room.
- Please remove all your items from the fridge and freezer, and leave the house clean and tidy with all kitchen items washed and put away. Additional cleaning fees may apply if unreasonable cleaning is required, and for missing or broken items.
- You can also use the facilities at Woody Head campground.
- Flush toilets
There’s an outdoor fire ring and gas barbecue. You can buy firewood at Woody Head campground kiosk.
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Fire rings
Town drinking water is available.
There’s a pay phone near the Woody Head campground office. There’s intermittent mobile phone service at Woody Head but no Wi-fi.
- Hot showers
Gas stove and oven, fridge with freezer, microwave, kettle and dishwasher.
Plates and cutlery
Pots and pans
TV and DVD player.
Internal laundry with a washing machine and dryer.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
- Please be considerate of others and keep noise to a reasonable level at all times. Minimum noise levels apply between 10pm and 7am.
- Amplified music is not permitted.
Camping beside the house is not permitted.
You can buy firewood at Woody Head campground kiosk.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.