Dawsons Spring cabins
Mount Kaputar National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Dawsons Spring cabins.
Getting there and parking
Dawsons Spring cabins are in the Kaputar Plateau section of Mount Kaputar National Park. To get there:
- From Narrabri take Old Gunnedah Road south
- After about 2.5km turn left onto Kaputar Road
- Once the road enters the park it becomes steep and winding. Caravans are not permitted on this section of the road.
- After approximately 20km you will reach a t-junction, turn right and take the next right into Dawsons Spring. The cabins will be located on your left.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available next to Dawsons Spring cabins
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Mount Kaputar National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
This is one of the best times of year to visit the park, with ideal temperatures for bush walking, cycling and camping.
A beautiful time of year to enjoy the abundant wildflowers and birds.
Escape the heat of the plains by heading up into the park.
Experience the mist surrounding the high plateau area and enjoy the beauty of the occasional blanketing of snow. Be prepared for the temperatures about 10°C cooler than in the nearby town of Narrabri.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
21°C and 35°C
7°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Each cabin has a fridge, stove, microwave, crockery, cutlery, toaster, jug, pots, pans and a fire place (firewood is provided)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area
- Dickson Cabin has a ramp for wheelchair and disabled access
- in Mount Kaputar National Park in the Country NSW region
Mount Kaputar National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
(02) 6792 7300
(02) 6792 4680 After hours emergency
Contact hours: 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- 1/100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW. (Accessible via Dewhurst Street)
- Fax: (02) 6792 1133