Coolah Tops National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Brackens Hut.
Getting there and parking
Brackens Hut is in the western precinct of Coolah Tops National Park and is accessed via the Coolah township. To get there:
- After entering the park, continue on The Forest Road for approximately 7km.
- Turn right into Hildegard Road.
- Continue on Hildegard Road for approximately 3km.
- Turn left at the intersection and follow the signs to the hut
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available just outside the fence surrounding the hut.
Off-road trailers and caravans can be parked outside the perimeter fence. Please beware that there is a small creek crossing.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Coolah Tops National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Great camping weather before the cold weather arrives. Swap stories by the campfire about the day's adventures.
See the park come to life as the pink darling pea, yellow flowering black wattle and silver wattle burst into colour.
Enjoy warm days walking and mountain biking and cooler nights in the bush.
All beds have wire bed frames but no mattresses.
Bedroom 1 (up to 3 people)
- 1 Single bed, 1 Bunk bed
Bedroom 2 (up to 2 people)
- 2 Single beds
- Brackens Hut is a rustic cabin with no kitchen facilities or electricity.
- There are no shower, bathroom or laundry facilities. However, there is a pit toilet outside.
- There is no television or stereo at the hut.
- Please make sure you leave the hut in a clean and tidy manner and report any breakages, damage or maintenance issues.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take all rubbish with you.
- Non-flush toilets
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
There is a small unfiltered rain water tank next to the hut. You’ll need to boil or treat the water before drinking.
There is a verandah.