Glenrock State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Baileys Cottage.
Getting there and parking
Baileys Cottage is located at Merewether, near Newcastle.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Off-street parking is available for two cars at Baileys Cottage.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Glenrock State Conservation Area. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy exploring the park's mountain biking trails when the weather becomes cooler.
The park's birds will be chirping and singing, look out for them in the trees as you hit the tracks and trails.
The park's beaches are a delight at this time of year – you can surf and swim to your heart's content.
Walk the Bombala walking track for excellent coastal views – you may even spot a whale or two.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 25°C
11°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- The cottage has 3 bedrooms. Bedrooms 1 and 2 have a queen bed and bedroom 3 has 2 single beds.
- Bed sheets, blankets, pillows, pillowcases and bath towels are provided.
- The cottage has 1 bathroom with a shower, toilet and hand basin.
- The fully equipped kitchen includes a fridge, gas stove and cooktop, microwave, kettle and toaster.
- Lounge, dining table with 6 chairs and air conditioning in the lounge room.
- TV,WIFI, hairdryer and vacuum.
- Large deck and balcony, outdoor setting with 6 dining chairs and gas BBQ.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Off-street parking is available.
- Hot showers
- Wireless internet (free)
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.