Muogamarra Nature Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about Muogamarra Nature Reserve.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
- Head north towards Newcastle on the F3 Freeway and take the Berowra exit
- Turn right onto the Pacific Highway and follow it past Cowan
- The park entrance is on your left, approximately 3km north of Cowan.
- Head south on the F3 Freeway and take the Mooney Mooney exit
- Follow the Old Pacific Highway across the Hawkesbury River towards Cowan
- The park entrance is on your right, approximately 6km from the freeway exit.
Park entry points
- Muogamarra park access See on map
Check out the Bicycle information for NSW website for more information.
By public transport
The nearest train station to Muogamarra Nature Reserve is Cowan Station, on the Newcastle and Central Coast line. Cowan Station is approximately 6km from the reserve. For information about public transport options, visit the NSW transport info website.
Maps and downloads
Fees and passes
Annual passes are not valid for entry to Muogamarra Nature Reserve.
- in the Sydney and surrounds region
Due to the risk of COVID-19 transmission, Muogamarra Nature Reserve will be closed to visitors in 2020.
Kalkari Discovery Centre is temporarily closed until further notice.
02 9472 9300
02 9472 9301
Contact hours: 9am to 5pm daily. 9am to 4pm daily in June and July. Closed Christmas Day.
- 402 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah NSW 2079
- Kalkari Discovery Centre is temporarily closed until further notice.
Hornsby (19 km)
A suburb in Sydney's upper north shore, Hornsby is conveniently located for easy access to Lane Cove National Park, Berowra Valley Regional Park, and the heritage-listed Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park - Australia's second-oldest national park. Explore walking and cycling tracks and Aboriginal sites, as well as marinas, cafes and picnic areas.
Gosford (34 km)
Gosford is a great destination for a family day trip or holiday. It's situated on Brisbane Water National Park and surrounded by state forests, lakes and beaches.
Parramatta (39 km)
Parramatta offers a fascinating insight into early colonial life in Australia. Don't miss a visit to Old Government House, now one of 11 Australian Convict Sites on the UNESCO World Heritage list.