Sydney Harbour National Park
For an island event on your doorstep, Shark Island in Sydney Harbour National Park is the perfect venue for hosting a Christmas party, music festival or concert. Enjoy its lush grassy areas, scenic Sydney Harbour views and fascinating history.
- Venue is suitable for
- Wedding receptions, wedding ceremonies, arts and cultural events, concerts and festivals, corporate and MICE events, private party or function
- Maximum people: 800
- Picnic tables, drinking water, toilets, electric power
- Available for hire 7 days a week, except 22nd Dec to 2nd Jan and 26th Jan.
To make a booking or for more information, please email the Events and Venues Unit or phone (02) 9585 6570.
- Other Information
- This venue is also suitable for commercial and public events such as live performances, festivals and product launches.
The 1.5ha Shark Island sits in Sydney Harbour, just 1km from Rose Bay, and makes for one of Sydney’s most idyllic outdoor wedding venues. With its lush grassy areas, picnic shelters and spacious gazebo, and amazing 360° views of Sydney Harbour, the island is the perfect venue hire option for music festival, your corporate office Christmas party or wedding.
While enjoying the day’s celebrations, you and your guests can explore the island’s foreshore and grottos, hand built in the early 1900s and hiding a range of tide pool creatures.
Take a virtual tour of Shark Island on Google Street View.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fee or tour fee applies to visit Sydney Harbour islands. To visit Shark, Clark or Rodd islands all vessels, including kayaks, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS). Annual NSW Parks Passes not valid for landing fees.Buy annual pass