Yuraygir coastal walk
Yuraygir National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Yuraygir coastal walk.
Features of this track
4 - 5 days
Quality of markings
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
The Yuraygir coastal walk commences from the Angourie Surfing Reserve at the northern end of Yuraygir National Park.
To get there from Yamba, turn right onto River Street, then, at the roundabout, take the first exit onto Wooli Street. At the next roundabout, take the first exit to Angourie Street, then turn left onto The Crescent and follow the signs to the beach.
Parking is available at Angourie Surfing Reserve
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Yuraygir National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Autumn is the perfect time of year to go beach fishing along the park's coastline.
The park's heathlands provide a spectacular display of wildflowers. Check them out on your choice of walking track, including the Wilsons Headland walk and, of course, the Yuraygir coastal walk.
Visit in summer to make the most of the park's countless beaches and waterways. Swim, surf or snorkel – cooling sea breezes provide welcome relief in hot weather.
Plan a winter trip to go whale watching. The sight of migrating whales swimming north to warmer waters is second-to-none, and there are magnificent viewing points at Red Cliffs lookout and Brooms Head.
- Rubbish and recycling stations are available at each national park campground. Cans, plastic bottles and glass can be recycled. Paper is not collected as part of the Yuraygir recycling program.
- Pay phones are located in all coastal villages, caravan parks and Sandon River campground.
- Ensure you carry sufficient water between points as water is not available at all campsites
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
This walking track is not wheelchair-accessible. There are several points of interest along the walk that are suitable for wheelchairs, prams and visitors with limited mobility, including:
- Angourie Bay picnic area
- Mara Creek picnic area
- Wilson Headland picnic area
- Grafton office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6641 1500
- Level 4, 49 Victoria Street, Grafton NSW 2460