Whitegum lookout walking track
Warrumbungle National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Whitegum lookout walking track.
Features of this track
15 - 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
No experience required
Quality of path
Getting there and parking
Whitegum lookout walking track is in Warrumbungle National Park. To get there:
- From Newell Highway, head west on Dalgarno Street for 450m.
- Turn right onto Namoi Street, then after 400m turn left onto Eden Street and continue onto Timor Road.
- Travel on Timor Road for 23km, following signs for Warrumbungle National Park.
- Continue straight and enter the park onto John Renshaw Parkway.
- Follow John Renshaw Parkway for 2km, Whitegum lookout walking track is on your left.
- Take Newell Highway north towards Coonabarabran.
- After 40km, at the brown Tourist Drive 1 sign, turn left off the highway into the village of Tooraweenah.
- Pass through Tooraweenah, following Tourist Drive 1 north for 28km to the old Gummin Gummin homestead.
- At the old Gummin Gummin homestead, turn right to follow the John Rensaw Parkway.
- Continue on the John Renshaw Parkway for 14.6km, Whitegum lookout walking track is on your right.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Whitegum lookout carpark.
Picnic tables are located at the track head at Whitegum carpark, where this walking track starts and ends.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
This walking track is free of obstacles such as steps, rough terrain or significant slopes.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Warrumbungle NP Visitor Information Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6825 4364
- 4261 John Renshaw Parkway, Warrumbungle NSW 2828
- in Warrumbungle National Park in the Country NSW region
Warrumbungle National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass