Warrigal walking track
Cathedral Rock National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Warrigal walking track.
Features of this track
15 - 45min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Warrigal walking track is in the Native Dog campground precinct of Cathedral Rock National Park. To get there:
From Ebor on Waterfall Way between Armidale and Dorrigo:
- Native Dog campground is about 12km north-west of Ebor on Guyra Road
- 3km west of Ebor, Waterfall Way veers left and Guyra Road continues straight ahead.
- Native Dog is 9km further along on the left-hand side of Guyra Road
Parking is available at Native Dog campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Cathedral Rock National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Within the tall, moist forest, kangaroos poise in the mist amongst granite boulders as morning light streams through the canopy,making this the ideal time of year to capture that perfect photograph.
Feast your eyes on this season's wildflower displays, when heath shrub and ground plants show you what they're really made of. Bring your walking shoes and a macro lens.
The relatively high altitude of the park offers cool respite from the summer heat of the region's western slopes and coastal lowlands.
Rug up and come prepared as winter temperatures plunge overnight. The rewards for braving the cold are sparkling frosty mornings and clear sunny days. Winter is also the peak time for the male lyrebird to call with most intensity as he courts a mate.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
11.5°C and 23°C
1°C and 11°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- Firewood is available at the campground.
- You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
Maps and downloads
- Glen Innes office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6739 0700
- 68 Church Street, Glen Innes NSW 2370