Wangi circuit walking track
Lake Macquarie State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Wangi circuit walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
45min - 1hr 15min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
For Wangi Wangi Point:
- Take the F3 motorway south from Newcastle or north from Sydney and the Central Coast, and take the Morisset/Mandalong Road exit
- Take Mandalong Road through Morisset as it becomes Dora Street, then Macquarie Street. The road will become Wangi Road as you cross Dora Creek. Follow it along until you reach Myuna Bay.
- For Wangi Wangi, continue through Myuna Bay and take the Summerhill Drive turn-off, turning right at Dobell Drive, which will take you to Wangi Wangi Point.
Parking is available at the trackhead of Wangi circuit walking track. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Lake Macquarie State Conservation Area. Here are some of the highlights.
Drop a line at Myuna Bay while the days are still warm enough to sit outside for a peaceful hour or two.
Spring is a lovely time to take Awaba Bay Foreshore walk and stop for a picnic lunch to enjoy the stunning lake views.
Why not kayak around the lake, exploring the secret bays and enjoying the warm water?.
Take a refreshing walk along Wangi circuit walking track, keeping an eye out for the tiny orchids that flower in winter.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 25°C
8°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
Fishing from a boat, the beach or by the river is a popular activity for many national park visitors. If you’re planning a day out fishing, check out these fishing safety tips.
- Newcastle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 4946 4100
- 1 Wetlands Place, Shortland NSW 2307