Ugly Corner Falls walking track
Torrington State Conservation Area
Fire affected area
Some areas of this park were affected by fire in 2019/2020. You’ll notice some changes to the landscape, as well as signs of recovery. Some areas may remain closed for longer to allow habitat to recover or because we’re repairing park infrastructure. Stay safe with these after-fire tips for visitors.
The Ugly Corner Falls walking track is a fantastic way to get back to nature and experience the unique plants and animals of Torrington.
- Torrington State Conservation Area
- 3km return
- Time suggested
- 1 - 2hrs
- Grade 4
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, please ensure you are well prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
Meandering through the bush and along the creek, this walk is a fantastic way to get back to nature and experience unique plants and animals of Torrington State Conservation Area.
You’ll begin your walk on the old fire trail to the Oaky Creek. After a bit of rock hopping and a creek crossing the well-defined track takes you through wooded bush scattered with grass trees – strange looking stumpy trees with long blades of grass growing out the top. In spring and summer, look out for rare wildflower species like Beadle’s grevillia with its red and black toothbrush flowers and Torrington wattle.
After approximately 1.5km you’ll arrive at Ugly Corner Falls. Best viewed after rain, they provide a tranquil spot to take in the scenery and peaceful surroundings before you head back the same way.
If you’re ready for a rest after your walk, why not head to the nearby Blatherarm campground and picnic area to enjoy a relaxing afternoon by the creek.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Tenterfield office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6736 4298
- 10 Miles Street, Tenterfield NSW 2372
- in Torrington State Conservation Area in the Country NSW region
Torrington State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.