Submarine Beach walking track
Myall Lakes National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Submarine Beach walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
15 - 45min
Quality of markings
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Submarine Beach walking track starts at Yagon campground in the Seal Rocks precinct of Myall Lakes National Park. To get there from Pacific Highway:
- Turn onto The Lakes Way 3km north of Bulahdelah
- Travel along The Lakes Way for 26km, then turn onto Seal Rocks Road at Bungwahl.
- Follow this road for 10km, then turn right just before the Seal Rocks shop and continue to the end.
Parking is available at Yagon campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Myall Lakes National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A good time to visit when the weather is a little cooler and the park is less busy.
Magnificent wildflower displays as they bloom across the heathlands.
Look for dolphins swimming among the waves.
Head to Sugarloaf Point to watch for whales on their annual migration.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
19°C and 27°C
10°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Booti Booti Office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 6591 0300
- The Ruins campground, Booti Booti National Park, 4374 The Lakes Way, Booti Booti 2428
- in Myall Lakes National Park in the North Coast region
Myall Lakes National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.
The park has coin/card operated pay and display machines at Mungo Brush campground. NPWS visitor service officers regularly visit camping areas to collect fees from campers and sell annual passes. Day passes and annual passes also available from the Great Lakes Area Office, Bulahdelah and Tea Gardens Visitor Information Centres, and other local outlets.
Bombah Point ferry fees may also apply (cash payment only).Buy annual pass