Nattai National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Starlights trail.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
4 - 5hrs
Quality of markings
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Getting there and parking
On entering Nattai National Park:
- Start from the end of Wattle Ridge Road west of the township of Hilltop. A visitor carpark with visitor information is located at the start of the walk at Wattle Ridge carpark.
- Walkers then access the Nattai Road fire trail then deviate onto the Starlight’s trail, dropping into the Nattai Valley.
Parking is available at Wattle Ridge carpark.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Nattai National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Mild weather and misty mornings; a great time to explore some of the longer hikes in the park, including Starlight's trail and Couridjah Corridor walk.
Enjoy the incredible array of wildflowers that cover the ground in the rainforests and the mild weather.
Swim or canoe in the lakes and rivers.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
22°C and 27°C
12°C and 15°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- You'll need to bring your own drinking and cooking water
- You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
Maps and downloads
- Richmond office
- Monday to Friday , 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 4588 2400
- Bowmans Cottage, 370 Windsor Street, Richmond NSW 2753