Ruined Castle walking track
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Ruined Castle walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
4 - 5hrs
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Ruined Castle walking track is in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there:
- Turn off Great Western Highway at Katoomba
- Follow the signs to Scenic World. Continue along Cliff Drive and turn left onto unsealed Glenraphael Drive towards Narrow Neck.
- Follow the unsealed road around 2km to the Golden Stairs carpark, where this walk starts.
- For a longer walk, you can park at the Katoomba Kiosk, near Scenic World, and walk along Federal Pass and Mount Solitary walking track, to connect with Ruined Castle walking track.
Park entry points
- Golden Stairs carpark See on map
Parking is available on Glenraphael Drive.
Toilets and picnic facilities are located at Katoomba Falls picnic area on Cliff Drive.
Maps and downloads
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785