Rocky Point walking track
Yuraygir National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Rocky Point walking track.
Features of this track
30min - 1hr 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
No experience required
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Getting there and parking
Rocky Point walking track is in the Minnie Water precinct of Yuraygir National Park. To get there:
- Follow Pacific Highway approximately 10km south of Grafton
- Turn left at the Wooli turn-off and follow the signs to Wooli
- Approximately 5.5km north of Wooli, turn left onto Minnie Water Road.
- Follow the signs to Illaroo campground from Minnie Water Village
- Illaroo South picnic area is located 800m north of Minnie Water Village
Parking is available at the Illaroo South picnic area. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Yuraygir National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Autumn is the perfect time of year to go beach fishing along the park's coastline.
The park's heathlands provide a spectacular display of wildflowers. Check them out on your choice of walking track, including the Wilsons Headland walk and, of course, the Yuraygir coastal walk.
Visit in summer to make the most of the park's countless beaches and waterways. Swim, surf or snorkel – cooling sea breezes provide welcome relief in hot weather.
Plan a winter trip to go whale watching. The sight of migrating whales swimming north to warmer waters is second-to-none, and there are magnificent viewing points at Red Cliffs lookout and Brooms Head.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 26°C
9°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Grafton office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6641 1500
- Level 4, 49 Victoria Street, Grafton NSW 2460