Red Rocks trig walking track
Cambewarra Range Nature Reserve
Red Rocks trig walking track leads to scenic views across Kangaroo Valley and Morton National Park and is a great place for a picnic and some birdwatching.
- Cambewarra Range Nature Reserve
- 1km return
- Time suggested
- 20 - 40min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- The weather in the area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
Red Rocks trig walking track leads you through natural heathland across a Hawkesbury sandstone plateau. For some background, trig stations are surveying points erected for the purpose of mapping. They’re positioned in places within the line of sight of other trig stations. This means that you can be guaranteed a good view when you walk to one, and this walk is just a short, easy one to Red Rocks trig for some wonderful views of the surrounding area.
From your vantage point, gaze out over Kangaroo Valley. To the north and west you’ll be looking at Morton National Park and to the north-east is Budderoo National Park. If you bring a good topographic map and it’s a clear day, you’ll be able to identify features such as Mount Skanzi, Mount Moollattoo and Mount Carrialoo. Bring along your binoculars to view these mountains, they’ll also come in handy for birdwatching.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 7270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Cambewarra Range Nature Reserve in the South Coast region
Cambewarra Range Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.