Red Hands Cave walking track - Blue Mountains National Park
Glenbrook area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Red Hands Cave walking track - Blue Mountains National Park.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Red Hands Cave walking track, starts at the causeway, in the Glenbrook area of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there:
- Turn off Great Western Highway at Glenbrook on to Ross Street
- Turn on to Burfitt Street, which becomes Bruce Road
- Park at the national park entry station, or continue past the park entry gate to the carpark on the southern side of Glenbrook causeway. There's no parking at the causeway.
- The track starts at the causeway.
Park entry points
- Red Hands Cave track carpark See on map
- Parking is available at Glenbrook entry station, the Blue Pools and Jellybean Pools carparks or south of the causeway.
- It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Toilets are located at Red Hands Cave carpark.
Maps and downloads
- in the Glenbrook area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
- From the first Sunday in October to the first Sunday in April: park gates are open 8.30am to 7pm.
- Rest of the year: park gates are open 8.30am to 6pm.
$8 per vehicle per day applies at attractions in the Glenbrook area.Buy annual pass