Palm Grove walk
Willi Willi National Park
Palm Grove walk is a lovely 30 minute short hike near Kempsey, where you can enjoy a picnic, birdwatch and a swim in World Heritage rainforest.
- 1km return
- Time suggested
- 15 - 45min
- Grade 5
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat.
- Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- There is limited or no mobile reception in this park.
This easy walk takes about 30 minutes, and begins from the scenic Wilson River picnic area. You may be lucky to see spotted-tailed quolls and wallabies darting among the smooth barked blue gum trees. Trail markers and information boards also guide the way to Tinebank Creek.
With the thermostat a little lower, spring and autumn are a lovely time of year to visit. The walk is flat and designed for an easy stroll through lush sub-tropical rainforest and blue gums, delivering you to the Glade picnic spot beside Wilson River – an ideal place to refresh with a dip in the pristine creek.
In summer, for those preferring a longer challenge, Waterfall walk also begins from Wilson River picnic site and passes close to a magnificent strangler fig tree, before descending to a waterfall and refreshing plunge pool where you can cool off before making your journey back.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Kempsey office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6561 6700
- 247 Old Station Rd, Verges Creek NSW 2440
- in Willi Willi National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Willi Willi National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.