Nerindillah Lagoon walking track
Conjola National Park
The short and easy Nerindillah Lagoon walking track takes in Monument Beach, historic heritage including the Walter Hood monument, and is great for birdwatching.
- Conjola National Park in South Coast
- 2.5km loop
- Time suggested
- 45min - 1hr 15min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch.
Starting from Holly Street in North Bendalong, this circuit may only be 2.5km, but walking it will be a rewarding experience as you stroll along the shore of Nerindillah Lagoon. Take a break at Monument Beach picnic area before climbing the track to the Walter Hood monument. Head back along the isolated beach and jump in for a swim along the way.
Birdwatchers will be inspired, too. Keep your eyes peeled for white-faced heron on the lagoon. Sea eagles often soar overhead, and the sands of Monument Beach are home to shorebirds such as sooty oystercatchers and hooded plovers.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Conjola National Park in the South Coast region
Conjola National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.