Mount Banks Summit walk
Mount Wilson area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mount Banks Summit walk.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
2 - 3hrs
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Mount Banks Summit walk is in the Mount Wilson area of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there:
- From Richmond, drive west on the Bells Line of Road.
- About 10km past Mount Tomah, take the signposted turnoff to Mount Banks picnic area.
- Follow the unsealed road for 1km to the parking area, where the walk starts.
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Mount Banks picnic area. It can be a busy place on weekends, so parking might be limited.
Maps and downloads
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Mount Wilson area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Mount Wilson area is always open but some locations may close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.