Mitchell Park walking tracks
Cattai National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mitchell Park walking tracks.
Features of this track
1hr 30min - 2hrs
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Mitchell Park walking tracks are located in the Mitchell Park area of Cattai National Park.
To get there from Sydney:
- Take the A2 motorway towards Windsor
- Turn right onto Pitt Town Road at McGraths Hill and continue onto Cattai Road
- Turn right onto Mitchell Park Road, veer left onto Creek Flat Road
- Follow Creek Flat Road to the end
You can also take Old Northern Road and Wisemans Ferry Road to reach Mitchell Park Road.
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available along the roadside in Mitchell Park.
Bicycles are permitted on access roads, but not on walking tracks.
- Toilets and picnic tables are available at Mitchell Park picnic area.
- Drinking water is not available in this area.
- A Field Study Centre at Mitchell Park can be hired by school groups or tour groups. Hire fee applies. This basic facility includes a classroom, kitchen, toilets and showers.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
- While these walking tracks are hard or no wheelchair access, nearby Mitchell Park picnic area offers medium access for wheelchairs, prams and visitors with limited mobility.
- The picnic area is mostly flat, with grass and gravel terrain, and easy access from parking on Creek Flat Road. Some assistance may be required on grass.
- A wheelchair-accessible toilet is located around 200m from the picnic area.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Bikes, including trail bikes, are not permitted on walking tracks.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Scheyville office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4580 2750
- 71 Memorial Drive, Scheyville 2756
- in Cattai National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Cattai National Park is open 8am to 6pm from May to August and 8am to 8pm from September to April. The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day (including motorbikes). Day passes are available from on-park pay machines that accept coins and credit cards, and you can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.Buy annual pass