Lockleys Pylon walking track
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Lockleys Pylon walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
2 - 3hrs
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Lockleys Pylon walking track is accessed from Mount Hay Road, north of Leura, in Blue Mountains National Park. To get there:
- Take the Great Western Highway to Leura
- Taking the Leura Mall exit and follow Britain Street to Mount Hay Road
- Mount Hay is a gravel road, and you'll need to drive around 10km to Lockleys Pylon parking area
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
Parking is available at the parking area adjacent to Mount Hay Road, a short walk from the attraction.
- Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
Maps and downloads
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.