Landers Falls lookout walk
Tumut area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Landers Falls lookout walk.
Features of this track
3hrs 30min - 4hrs 30min
Quality of markings
No experience required
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Landers Falls lookout walk is in the northern section of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- Take Snowy Mountains Highway south from Tumut or north from Kiandra or Adaminaby.
- Turn onto Cumberland trail at the sign for Landers Creek Falls, around 50km from Tumut and 40km from Kiandra.
- 2WD vehicles can park 300m along the trail. From here, it's a 10.6km return walk to the lookout.
- In summer, 4WD vehicles can continue along Cumberland trail to the 4WD carpark at the junction with Talbingo Mountain trail. From here, it's 1.6km return to the lookout.
Parking is available at the 2WD carpark or 4WD carpark (summer only) along the Cumberland trail, off the Snowy Mountains Highway.
Mountain bike riders can follow Cumberland trail to the 4WD carpark, then walk the 1.6km return trip to Landers Falls lookout.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Tumut Region Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6947 7025
- The Old Butter Factory, 5 Adelong Road, Tumut NSW 2720
- in the Tumut area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Tumut area is open all year but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues.
No park entry fees apply in the Tumut area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass