Lake Toolooma trail
Heathcote National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Lake Toolooma trail.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
2 - 3hrs
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Lake Toolooma trail is in the south-eastern corner of Heathcote National Park. To get there on foot from Waterfall train station:
- Follow Korooban Street over Princes Highway for approximately 400m
- Turn right onto Camp Couts trail and then right again to begin Lake Toolooma trail
- Park at the end of Warabin Street and follow the fire trail for 50m to the signposted Bullawarring walking track and continue for 450m
- Turn left at the junction to continue along Lake Toolooma trail
Park entry points
- Warabin Street, Waterfall See on map
Parking is not available at Lake Toolooma trail – access is via a walking track.
Best times to visit
Heathcote National Park offers an exceptional visit all year round. You're sure to find a walk, tour, activity or attraction to appeal, regardless of the season.
Visit Heathcote National Park in spring to see blooming Gymea lilies give a scarlet glow to the gullies.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 27°C
6°C and 17°C
-0.6° C (1968)
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Royal National Park, NSW 2232